Friday, August 20, 2010

Desktop not loading right on startup... PLZ HELP! - ILL SELECT FIRST ANSWER THAT WORKS AS BEST!?

Hiya,



I've recently installed some free anti-spyware program of the net, updated it and it said I need to reboot for updates to work. When my computer rebooted, I logged on and had my desktop background but nothing else! (No shortcuts, no taskbar etc.) However, I can still Ctrl, Alt + Del if that is a good thing?!



Also, I tried booting in safe mode but exactly the same happened after me waiting like 30 mins to get into safe mode to start off with!! :%26#123;



Please, Please help, this has never happened before!!



John :)



Desktop not loading right on startup... PLZ HELP! - ILL SELECT FIRST ANSWER THAT WORKS AS BEST!?internet security



1st: Go to the control panel, add / remove programs and try to uninstall the garbage you installed.



2nd: Go to 1st link below and get AVG 7.5 Internet Security Suite free 30 day trial. Install, agree to the prompts, get updates and perform a full system scan. During the scan process if prompted, send to virus vault or quarantine.



3rd: Make sure you have all your Microsoft updates.



4th: I recommend switching to Mozilla Firefox or Opera vs. Internet Explorer.



5th: Do a Secuina scan to see what vulnerable programs are installed on your computer. (second link)



Desktop not loading right on startup... PLZ HELP! - ILL SELECT FIRST ANSWER THAT WORKS AS BEST!?network security



Have you try Windows restore to an earlier time?
If you can still get your start menu to come up (with the Windows logo button on your keyboard) I would do a restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment