Monday, August 16, 2010

Windows live one care?yes or no?

Being in temp accomadation (without landline for Broadband)due to losing our home through a fire, ive been using answers via mobile phone. We have now purchased a dongle to connect, which I know is not the fastest of connections. i had AVG free Which I uninstalled, to see how i got on for the trial period of windows one care, God! wish I hadnt bothered, it is so slow . If I uninstall this and go back to windows firewall, AVG free. What other spyware ,adware, security programs (free() can I install to cover all aspects of security on my windows xp proff, int ex 5.1 sp2. I always had all angles covered on my old one, but having this dongle , I dont want to use up too much of its resources. AVG would be my choice of antivirus. Any ideas?



Windows live one care?yes or no?anti virus



use windows defender jus go to this link



http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...



or go to norton and get a trial on some of there products



Windows live one care?yes or no?auto protect



Yuk dont use norton ever, cant see how theyre so successful



Use spybot search and destroy from http://www.safer-netowrking.org,



Adaware from lavasoft,



ccleaner from...ccleaner.com



defender if you really want it,
Dont know what problem you have with OneCare, i have it and its great, but having said that im using Vista.. i personally feel that Vista %26 Onecare work great together, tried it with XP when it 1st came out and i never had any problems with it at all.



So, for other alternatives..



AVG for antivirus



zonealarm for firewall



Spybot, AdAware for Spyware



and thats all you need.



Just be vigilante and dont go otno websites that you shouldnt and stay away from downloading of torrents.
I personally use AVG, Windows defender, Bitdefender and Spybot.



http://www.ourbestpal.com/misc.html
For spy/adware try Pest Patrol.



For keeping your computor in good nick Ccleaner from filehippo.



Both are good, quick, and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment