Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When I open a folder, Windows Explorer Restarts?

If I open a folder within a folder, Windows Explorer displays this message and then restarts



Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library



Runtime Error!



Program C:\Windows\Explorer.exe



Abnormal Program Termination



I've done virus scans, online and with AVG, Antivir and Spybot, and McAfee.Im Virus/Spyware/Adware free.



Ive even used sytem restore, and it won't let me restore my pc 2 an earlier time.



Now I have to open a folder then if I want to open one within that folder I have 2 first creat a shortcut on the desktop and then open it



What Gives?



When I open a folder, Windows Explorer Restarts?adware



Do a ''repair'' install of Windows. Boot off the CD, and choose the option to ''repair the current install''. This will not delete any of your settings, just reinstall the windows files.



When I open a folder, Windows Explorer Restarts?antivirus scan



Sound like there is a problem with your IE.



Go to start - Run



Type in sfc /scannow



This will do a system check on IE and repair any errors it finds. You might need the windows XP CD. Good Luck.
unknown sorry!
clean the junk out time:



speed up the pc free up hard drive space



speed up your internet

No comments:

Post a Comment