Friday, August 20, 2010

Mcafee expired a few weeks ago but says personal firewall plus and virus scan are protecting?

privacy service and spamkiller are expired. It show antiabuse and antispam at a red and antihacker green (antivirus orange).



I just realized my windows firewall was off and turned it on..does this mean I have two firewalls running (McAfee and windows) and is that bad.



I have avr free, avr spyware, spyblaster, and ad aware...am I protected..is anything missing and shouls I remove one of the firewalls or keep as is.



Mcafee expired a few weeks ago but says personal firewall plus and virus scan are protecting?live update



McAfee is not protecting your computer as the updates has expired so no new virus definitions are being loaded. Since you have several avr products, you really don't need McAfee, and I'd uninstall it.



Windows firewall is pretty good, and protects the computer from incoming threats, so losing McAfee won't hurt anything. Comodo has probably the best free firewall around and protects against incoming and outgoing information. It annoys some people because it asks everytime you log on if you want this started, or that started, but I like that. I choose what I want to run on the internet.



You can look at comodo here, and if you decide to get it, disable Windows firewall:



http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/



Mcafee expired a few weeks ago but says personal firewall plus and virus scan are protecting?norten

No comments:

Post a Comment