Friday, August 20, 2010

Why are videos playing in slow motion?

I am trying to play an avi file. However the video is in slow motion. The audio works excellently. I am using my new laptop(hp dv2000 on xp pro) which should be powerful enough.



core 2 duo 1.66 ghz (theoretically 3ghz in solo terms)



2048 ram



128 nvidia 7200 graphics card



resolution 1280 x 800



I have the minimum start up programmes selected. my computer is free from spyware/virus and is recently defragged/scandisk/dickclean.



I am trying to play a 350 mb, 45 minute long xvid .avi file.



it is 624x352, 23 frames a second, 141 kbps for video



the audio is 128 kbps 16 bit mpeg layer 3



It does play ''ok'' using vlc media player, perfectly in sync, and reasonably good quality. But it is not full quality and it shows.



I have tried to play it using the latest nero player and the latest windows media and both have the same video lag problem.



makes no difference if on mains or battery



anyone got any ideas?



surely my hardware will allow full quality playback.



Why are videos playing in slow motion?downloads



I had the same slow motion problem.



AVI around 170MB



But I fixed it:



I downloaded the DivX and 3ivX Codecs and The DivX Player.



But I removed all older codecs before installing the new ones.



Then I used to DivXPlayer to view and I went perfectly well!



Why are videos playing in slow motion?house call



Make sure you have the latest version of your player. Also, you might need to fix some preferences. Above that, the file might be corrupt. Try re-downloading it.
I had the very same problem .I had downloaded a movie from the net but the picture was completely out of synch with the sound and was very slow,dont worry theres absolutely nothing wrong with your computer. Im guessing your movie is in avi. format I got mine to play fine using player i got for free from the net its called Div X check it out you can keep all your vid files in the player too

No comments:

Post a Comment