Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When I boot up XP, it asks me to click on my user to continue start up...?

Heres the deal. I have Windows XP Pro fully updated and spyware/virus free. I have one user name, as I am the only user. It is not Administrator (even though I am the admin), but it is the only user you will find.



When I boot up, it has the Windows XP welcome screen with my user name. All I do is click on it, and start up continues. It is the only user name I have. There is no password. How can I get around this? When I power up my computer, I want it to boot up all the way with out me having to click on my user name half way through boot up. Thanks.



When I boot up XP, it asks me to click on my user to continue start up...?virus protection software



Follow me....



Start / Control Panel / User Accounts / Change the way Users Log on or Off / make sure all boxes are unchecked / apply / close.



When I boot up XP, it asks me to click on my user to continue start up...?adware



in control panel go to users. there there is a section that says use fast user switching or something like that. play with that setting and you should resolve.
go to control panel %26gt; click on Change the Way Users Log On/Off and you can change the setting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment