Friday, August 20, 2010

How do i wipe out my computer?

I am ready to toss my comp out the window but thought i'd try something else first.



I have a sony laptop, not sure what year, but it has very little memory and no place to add more. I want to delete everything in it, bring it back to like new, but im not sure what i should keep, whats necessary. I know that the stuff i have put in myself i have the cds for, but what do i need to make backups of?



Also maybe if you have a good free virus/spyware scan, that may help. Most likely will have to just delete all.



Thanks,



~Cat~



How do i wipe out my computer?microsoft office



Try Avast for the anti virus and upgrade your memory you can go here http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/ to find out if you can upgrade your memory



How do i wipe out my computer?norton antivirus



Memory does not equal space. Memory is RAM and is a hardware component. You can always add more as long as you haven't already maxed out the laptop.



If you're talking about places to add files, etc, that's Hard Drive Space. You can always get a new hard drive to add more space and it'll come completely clean so you can reinstall everything.



Other than that, you should be able to boot from your Windows disc (or other OS) and reformat and reinstall everything. OR if your computer has a recovery option, try that.



Be sure, of course, to back everything up that you want either on CD's/DVD's, or a Portable Storage Unit.
Export bookmarks from explorer, export outlook email as a .pst file. Then whatever personal files you have after that.
Make a backup of what you want and that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment