Friday, August 20, 2010

Virus Question?

I have a new (less than a year old) Dell laptop with Windows Vista. I have AVG (free edition) %26 Spyware doctor anti-virus programs, as well as window's own Defender. Recently, Defender detected ''alerts'', however when I try to remove them I get an error message (one or more actions could not be completed successfully).



The message details say the alerts are



''Adware:Win32/WhenUSave''



The items could not be deleted, and are potentially stored in a read-only location.



Can someone please tell me what this (virus?) is, what it is/will do to my laptop and what I can do to get rid of it?



Any help is greatly appreciated (and best answer will be awarded) Thank you.



Virus Question?download



When U Save is adware, it displays targeted ads that will change depending upon your browsing habits. It is NOT a virus and it won't harm your computer. Most people consider it to be an invasion of privacy.



I would run this on-line scan. It's free and excellent at detecting and removing malware free of charge. There is no need to un-install any of your current protections before using this.



Scan for trojans, adware, cookies, and spyware and remove (free online scan, no downloaded program) with Ewido Online Scanner ( now known as AVG Anti-Spyware). This is NOT the same as AVG Anti-Virus.



http://www.ewido.net/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment